Feb 21, 2008

Counting down until the weekend!


I don't know about you, but I sure could use some down time this weekend. With working full time, part time at the scrapbook store and having 3 kids and a husband at home I pretty much stay tired all of the time. Don't get me wrong, I have a very fulfilling and rewarding life, I just look forward to days where I don't leave the house or get out of my jammies. They don't happen that often, and I REALLY enjoy them! Throw in some cleaning, reading and stamping, and that's a day in Heaven!
Today's card is one that we made last week in one of my Stamp Clubs. I really do enjoy holding these monthly. It allows me to have regular contact with friends while supporting my Stampin' Up business at the same time, best of both worlds!
This card is made with the A little bit of Happiness Hostess set. I made the card base with Brocade Blue cardstock, watercolored the image with reinkers on our watercolor paper. This was then layered with Groovy Guava and Kraft paper, both torn to give that "messy" look. I also stamped and cut out a couple of extra leaves and used the Stampin' Dimensionals to give them some lift off of the paper. Since I have a ton of HodgePodge Hardware that I just never seem to use, I added a frame over one of my leaves. Top the card off with some twill tape and the double stiched ribbon in Blue Bayou and your done! I got the inspiration for this card from the Spring-Summer catalog from Stampin' Up. If you see anything from the Stampin' Up catalog that you can't live without and don't have a demonstrator, I'll be happy to place an order for you. I can have this shipped directly from SU! to your home, it can't be easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment